Tenant Property Inspections
We are contracted by the Landlord to carry out a Tenant Property Inspection every four months; you will be advised of the appointment by email when access is required and you will not have to be present, we hold the management keys to your property.
A full report of the inspection will be emailed to you and the Landlord.
Tenant Property Inspection visit
Safety certificates, some are required to be renewed on a bi annual or annual basis, we will email you the relevant appointment and again you do not have to be present when these are being completed. Our Contractors will collect the Management Keys from us to complete work required.
If the Landlord is self managing the property they will contact you directly to notify you of the above appointments, giving relevant notice to be completed.
BNR Property Services aim to visit all Managed Properties for Property Inspections every quarter a date will be emailed to all tenants giving at least 7 days notice to ensure enough notice of the appointment has been given to the tenant.
You do not have to be present at the Property Inspections, please ensure the Property is presented in a clean and tidy condition for the Property inspections.
Property inspections will be conducted on a working day between the hours of 9am – 5pm. If you would like to be present for the inspection please email us times on the date given for the inspection you are available between 9am – 5pm.
We will try to accommodate the arrangement to meet you for the Inspection within the times you have provided, a return email will confirm this.
In the event of an emergency the Managing Agent or Landlord will not give any notice to visit the property. Your safety is important to us and also keeping the property in full working order.
Property Inspections Checklist
Preparing for a Property Inspections
Thoroughly clean the entire property – use our cleaning checklist below:
- Clean down all skirting boards, architraves and doors
- Clean and polish all furniture inside and out
- Professionally clean curtains and re-hang curtains
- Clean all soft furnishings including cushions, rugs etc.
- Clean all carpets ensuring any stains are completely removed.
- Where present, chimneys have to be swept if they have been used
- Clean all walls and re-paint where necessary
- Clear ceilings of any cobwebs
- Clean wall tiles in the kitchen and bathroom
- Clean all kitchenware and leave on the worktop areas
- Defrost and clean fridge and freezer and ensure doors are left open
- Clean out dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier
- Tidy up any exterior grounds including any yards, garden areas and outbuildings
- Mow areas laid to lawn, tidy borders and trim hedges and shrubs back
- Ensure garden refuge is cleared away and bins cleaned
- Sweep all paths and clean all garden furniture
- Garden tools must be cleaned and be in a serviceable order
- Clean thoroughly throughout ensure you include light shades, sockets, behind and above furniture and in all cupboards
If the Property is not presented in a clean and tidy condition for a Member of Staff to inspect the property.
A re-inspection charge will be presented to you the Tenant of £25.00 + VAT, Total £30.00.
To arrange a further appointment to re-inspect the property, which should have been completed when the first inspection appointment was presented.
You the Tenant will be asked to be present for the Property Inspection Appointment.